The article gives you useful information of the product uploads feature
The Product feature allows you/your vendors to do the following
- 1.Track Inventory
- 2.Upload/Update products directly into your Shopify Store
- 3.Merchant Settings - Control what your vendors can do and update
- 1.Can they create products?
- 2.Can they update products?
- 3.The fields they can update
Some default settings for your information are as follows.
- 1.Inventory Tracking is turned on by default
- 2.Bulk Actions like approving, uploading, publishing, unpublishing, and deleting can take up to a few seconds for it to reflect on Shopify.
- 3.When you make a product upload settings change like disabling the ability for vendors to create products or unchecking editable fields and saving. Your vendors will have to logout of the vendor portal and log back in for the changes to take effect.
- 4.Products are always published as a draft by default. You will have to select the publish channel to see it on your live website. Note: We are working hard to allow you to directly control this.
- 5.For testing purposes, please only be logged in as either a merchant or a vendor at a time. Being logged in as both at the same time can cause issues.
Managing where products will show. Found in the Shopify Admin
On clicking the "manage" button above, this dialog is shown